I have made this recipe a few times because it is easy to convert to low-carb, paleo and/or keto. This version I made for my dad, who follows a keto diet. It is quite delicious, and you can also add any topping or ingredients to the ice cream. It can also be made with a blender or an ice cream maker.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sweetener (Paleo Option = Honey)
- 1/8 Cup Sugar Free Syrup (Paleo Option = Pure Maple Sugar)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
Instructions for Ice Cream Maker:
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the coconut milk until smooth, add in the sweetener and syrup. Once combined stir in the vanilla. Feel free to add any nuts of extra flavors if you desire.
- Pour mixture in to ice cream machine and allow to churn. The ice cream maker I used took about 20 minutes to make soft serve.
- Once ice cream is made, I like to transfer the ice cream to a Tupperware. If you freeze the ice cream in a metal container, it will be hard the next time you take it out.
Instructions for a blender:
- In your blender, add in all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you want to add nuts or other chunky ingredients, you will want to hand mix them in after you are done blending the main ingredients. You can also add them in to the Tupperware, alternating between ice cream mixture and nuts (etc.).
- Pour the mixture in to an airtight Tupperware and place in the freezer overnight.
I hope you enjoy.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and feel free to leave any comments below.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back soon.
NUTRITION: DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY ADDED INGREDIENTS, JUST THE BASIC COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream = 4 Servings = 2g Net Carbs, 24g Fat and 0g Protein.